Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies





My kids love baking with me. Today we made Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies. This is my favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I started making it soon after I got married (6.5 years ago) and my husband is always disappointed if I try a different recipe. Today I added mini m&m's to make them more interesting for the kids (not that chocolate chip cookies really need to be made any more interesting).

Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
1 c. all-purpose flour                  1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 t. baking soda                       1 egg
1/4 t. baking powder                  1/2 t. vanilla extract
pinch of salt                                3/4 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. butter                                1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. sugar

Mix first 4 ingredients. In another bowl cream butter & sugars. Add egg & vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add flour mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.

2 comments: